Removing/Installing or adjusting dovetail sights.
- Remove the sight stop, staking lever and pivot rod.
- Place the slide in the tool and align the pusher pin with the bottom of the dovetail/sight.
- Tighten the side plate bolts evenly to secure the slide in the tool, make sure the side plates are paralled.
(even distance between the plates at top and bottom).
- Turn the pusher bolt using an allen wrench until the sight is removed or adjusted.
- If you have just removed an old sight and are installing new sights, leave the slide tool and move the pusher block to the other side of the tool. Keep in mind that some fittings of the new sight may be required. Attempting to force a sight that is not fitted will damage the sight.
- Turn the pusher bolt using an allen wrench until the sight is installed.Note: The pusher pin and ball bearing may need grease periodically. This will reduce friction and keep the pin and bearing from falling out of the bolt.